Tuesday 22 October 2013

Changes are afoot!

As a little girl I always imagined that I would become one of those really well turned out women with a beautiful home.


A' la Bree Van De Kamp (image borrowed from http://modthesims.info/d/215791)
figured I would have my own, very definite style and would look well groomed and polished all the time.  

The reality is that while in my early twenties I looked 'nice' a lot of the time and 'scrubbed up well' for nights out, I have never been very good at choosing clothes that suit me or sticking to a beauty routine.  

Fast forward to 2010 when I was pregnant and gave birth to my first child, Bug, and things just got worse! I call 2010-2013 my dark years for appearance because quite frankly I look terrible the majority of the time however I have recognised this and things are a changing folks!  

In preparation for my Project 2014 (you can read about this here) I have taken a long hard look at myself, saught advice and researched into the wee small hours and have come up with a plan for my new look which will become 'my look'.  

I'm thinking modern vintage!  I love the way our ladies of the  40s and 50s looked and I hope to channel that in the way I look and in the clothes I make however what I don't want is to look 'made up' or like I'm in fancy dress.  It's a fine line people.  

So in that vein expect to see lots of sewing and new makes in the coming weeks as I prepare for 1/1/14!

So tell me, do you have a look or do you just wing it and hope for the best?

Feel free to comment, I love a good chat

Thanks for visiting, Gem xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment