Tuesday 17 December 2013

A Wednesday WIP - Miette

Hello all,

How are you?  Ready for Christmas?  I'm still ploughing away through my Christmas sewing and knitting, I can't wait til the 27th when I can start showing you what I have been up to!  

Something I can show/talk about is the progress on my Miette cardigan.  

As you know I'm using this wool for it: 


And I think I told you I bought some bamboo circular needles from eBay? Well they were a bust.  They actually are bust,  broken, kaput and it happened half way through a row on the yoke grrr!!  So I transferred the whole project to a pair of straight 5s until I could get some new metal circulars and then moved it all back over. Phew it was a bit time consuming and has meant I'm not as far on as I would like to have been by now. 

So as I write this I am up to row 23, nearly at the point of breaking the yarn. The yoke and body have 99 rows inclusive so as you can see I still have quite a way to go! 



Despite the needle breaking issue I am really enjoying this project so far.  I've never actually knitted an actual piece of clothing for an adult so it's a great learning curve.  The internet has some fabulous resources for help with this particular project and I am using this tknit along from Today's Agenda to keep myself right.



In line 25 it says:
Row 25 (WS): Break yarn, CO 10 on right needle, purl across live sts on left needle, CO 10 on right needle.

and while I thought I knew what to do there I wanted to double check so I simply typed the instructions into google and found another lady had asked the same thing so If you get stuck too here is a great link explaining what to do. 

Now a sneaky peak of another Christmassy goody that is also a WIP but that's all I can show for now. 


As soon as Christmas is past I intend to power on with my Cynthia Rowley dress and get full steam ahead with Project 2014.  I also have a review of the Ohhh Lulu Grace panties pattern to share with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment