Thursday 5 June 2014

Mothers Day outfit for Bug ~ slightly late!!!

I know, I know Mothers Day (UK) was agggggeessss ago! But at the time I just wasn't getting a chance to blog so although I was sewing I wasn't showing (<---- poetry included for free) 



I had the fabric for this in my stash from last year and was yet to cut into it as I just couldn't decide what to make.  Look it's Tweety Pie AND Rainbows!!

In the end I went for a sleeveless version of The Claire top by Shwin Designs which I was lucky enough to pattern test last year. 

In this version I made covered buttons for the first time which were super easy to do! 


I also added 2 lovely little extras of pink ric rac round the neck line and bottom of the skirt then green around the frill. 

It turned out so well I decided to make her another one in some poly cotton I bought from a lady on Facebook.  This time I decided to go big on the frill and leave out the skirt and instead make a separate skirt so she can wear it to look like a dress, as a top or just as a skirt. 


I have made other versions too so I'll show you them another day but I definitely recommend this pattern. 

Please feel free to drop me a line or say 'hi' I love comments!

Thank you, Gem xx

Ps: just to let you know all the opinions in this post are my own and were in no way influenced by anyone else :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment