Friday 1 August 2014

Busy, busy, busy indeed!

It's been a busy ol' week in the Gemscar household I can tell you.  I've even had hubby in on the crafting act.  Let's start with that actually.  

Ibought some iron on transfers from eBay about a million years ago to go onto t shirts for the kids but I just never seemed to get round to it. 


So cue me being all persuasive and convincing hubby to do it so I could get on with other things tee hee!

We bought 2 packs of 2 plain white tshirts from the back to school Asda range and hubby set to it.  We decided that our daughter would have a Rainbow Brite one and also a Minions one and bit child would get a minions one.

They took about 15 minutes fom cutting out to drying so a super quick project. 

What do you think? Didn't he do well? 


Meanwhile I was working on my second Colette Patterns Sorbetto.

This time round I used a lightweight, sheer kind of crepe in navy with bows and ready made white bias binding.  


The fabric was cheap as chips and bought from eBay but it was a while ago so I can't be sure of the price sorry!

So yeah this version has no front pleat, which I'm a bit sad about as it was my favourite feature on the first one, because when I last used the pattern I folded the pleat when I was marking up the fabric and I forgot to fold it back! Oops!! 


Even though I used fabric with bows on it, for some reason with the white binding on this I get a nautical feel about it. 


Construction wise apart from the missing pleat it's the same as my first one so I won't go into that.  


Not my most flattering pic is it? But it's the only one I have for now so it'll have to do! 

Also this week I have been working on some cute, retro tie headbands for one of my friends little ones.  

I drafted a pattern myself and have made three with another 2 to do.


This is the first one on the machine.  Incidentally this is the last picture of my machine, Sadie, in action as she has now gone on to a better place.  RIP Sadie.  The fabric is a green checked poly cotton I bought from my 'dealer'.  It was only £2.50pm!

Number 2 of the bands is my favourite so far.


Do you like the fancy stitching? This was done on my new (as yet unnamed) machine. I've called this pattern 'trailing leaves'.  This material was from the awesome Dunelm Mill and was £4.99pm.  I have plenty of this left and reckon Ill do myself a similar headband! 


How cool is this navy and white polka dot cotton? This was gifted to me by a friend.  I used it initially to make my little girl a dress but had plenty of it left and I knew my friend would love it! 

Next on the cutting table was this:


Destined to become a knit version of Gerties Portrait blouse, it is now finished but I'll do another post on that for you.

Phew! Busy, busy, busy indeed! 






No comments:

Post a Comment